Claims submission via Change Healthcare
New As of May 2021, Change Healthcare has transitioned from WebConnect to ConnectCenter. ConnectCenter is designed to improve claims management functionality previously experienced with Emdeon Office/WebConnect. Providers who have a limited ability to submit claims through their hospital or project management system may now benefit from key features of the new ConnectCenter tool. There is no cost to providers to use ConnectCenter.
Key features are:
- Claims users no longer need to choose between data entry of claims and upload of 837 files. All users may do both.
- Secondary and tertiary claims can be submitted.
- Institutional claims are supported.
- Claims created online are fully validated in real time so that providers can correct them immediately.
- Whether providers upload their claims or create them online, the claim reports are integrated with the claim correction screen for ease in follow-up.
- Dashboard and work list views enable providers to streamline their billing to-do list.
- Remittance advice is automatically linked to the provider’s submitted claim, providing a comprehensive view of the status of their claim.
To transition to the new portal go to ConnectCenter Sign-Up. Change Healthcare customer support is available through online chat or call 1-800-527-8133, option 2 for assistance.
To learn how to navigate ConnectCenter visit the resources below.
- Provider Management (PDF).
- Getting Started with Claims (PDF).
- Creating a Professional Claim (PDF).
- Creating an Institutional Claim (PDF).
- Uploading Claims (PDF).
- Getting Started with Remits (PDF).
- Getting Started with Claim Status (PDF).
- Getting Started with Eligibility (PDF).
How to retain long-term access to old claims and remits
If you wish to retain access to old claims after September 15, 2021, please take the following steps to establish a Reporting & Analytics account that can be accessed independently of Emdeon Office/WebConnect.
Begin by selecting “Customer Portal” from ConnectCenter’s claims menu at this link. https://cihs.customerportal.changehealthcare.com/CIHS/
- Choose the Forgot Password link.
- Provide your email address and the same Username you formerly used to access the Emdeon Office/WebConnect portal.
- Once your new password is emailed to you, please make note of the Username and Password.
- Use these credentials on the “Customer Portal” page whenever you need access to old claims.
If you are unable to obtain a new password as described above, please contact Change Healthcare customer support for assistance at 1-877-603-1968, option 3.
All Change Healthcare/Echo® Health generated ERAs and a detailed explanation of payment for each transaction will be accessible to download from the Echo provider portal www.providerpayments.com. If you are a first-time user and need to create a new account, please reference Echo Health’s Provider Payment Portal Quick Reference Guide (PDF) for instructions.