Training and Education
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida encourages our providers to explore any training or education opportunities that are presented.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida is pleased to invite providers to join us for a Cultural Responsiveness Training webinar (Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services [CLAS] Training).
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at noon
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at noon
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at noon
To register, please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CLASREG to submit your registration.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida is pleased to invite providers to join us for a comprehensive New Provider Onboard Training webinar
- Every second Friday of the month at noon.
To register, please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AHCFLnewprov to submit your registration.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida is pleased to invite providers to join us for a quarterly HEDIS training webinar.
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at noon
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at noon
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at noon
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at noon
To register, please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HEDISprovtrain to submit your registration.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida is pleased to invite providers to join us for Psychological First Aid.
Training is designed for providers to help survivors manage emotional distress and cope with post-disaster stress and adversity. This online course is developed by the National Center for PTSD and the National Child Traumatic Stress Network. This five-hour online course offers 5 CEUs upon completion. Providers may sign up for this no-cost training here:
This course covers the following:
- Suicide prevention (survivors’ guilt)
Mental health resources for providers:
- Support for compassion fatigue
- Reduce burnout > workforce retention
- Strengthen ability to practice effective medicine
*Continuing education credit is available for eligible participants for many of the webinars and courses on the Learning Center. Below you will find information about the types of continuing credit we provide.
NBCC Provider #6647
The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
The following courses meet NBCC requirements: all Continuing Education webinars that are listed for credit under Event Information on the individual webinar course page; all Military and Veteran Families webinars that are listed for credit under Event Information on the webinar course page; Psychological First Aid Online and Skills for Psychological Recovery Online; and three courses under Clinical Training (12 Core Concepts, Alternatives for Families, and Developmental Trauma Disorder).
APA Provider #1829
The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
NCTSN Continuing Education webinars are no longer approved by the National Association of Social Workers for continuing education contact hours. Currently two courses on the Learning Center are approved by NASW for continuing education contact hours: PFA Online and Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT). The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress continues to be approved by APA and NBCC to provide continuing education credit for psychologists and counselors
You’re invited to this instructor-led training to examine the impact of environmental injustice, the increased risk of disease, and the dangers of indoor air pollutions to our most vulnerable populations.
This unique training is being offered at no cost for AmeriHealth Caritas Florida providers. Providers can earn CME/CNE credit upon completion of the training session.*
Multiple training sessions are being offered beginning November 17, 2022. To register in advance for a date and time that’s convenient, click the link below to complete the required registration form.
|Date and time||Registration link|
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Thursday, March 16, 2023
Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of USF Health and Physicians for Social Responsibility. USF Health is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
USF Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses: USF Health is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American
Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour.
USF Health, the accredited provider, acknowledges Physicians for Social Responsibility as the joint provider in the planning and execution of this activity.
Accredited Continuing Education
Jointly Provided By
How to Access eLearning Module:
Follow these instructions to access/create your March of Dimes account and begin training.
1. Visit: https://modprofessionaled.learnuponus.com/. If you have previously created a March of Dimes LearnUpon account, log in and you will proceed to your course dashboard. Follow the link to add your new Course ID and access your training. (If you don’t remember your password, you can click Forgot Password to receive a link and reset.)
2. To Create a new account, click the Sign Up Now link below the login box and follow the directions below:
3. Enter your email address and create a password for your account.
4. Check your email and click the confirmation link that we send to you.
5. Complete all fields on your account profile to access the training. Enter your Course ID: ACT64
6. Click Save to complete your signup. This course may be accessed until April 1, 2023.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedeo LLC and March of Dimes. Amedeo LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME}, the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE}, and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC}, to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Amedeo LLC designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Amedeo LLC designates this activity for a maximum of 1.50 ANCC contact hours.
No commercial support was received for the development of this presentation. AIM saw the value in this training and sponsored the training seats for you to be able to participate for free, however they did not have any influence in the planning, delivery, or evaluation of this training.
Additional training opportunities
- AHCA SBIRT CME opportunity for providers
- The CME program expires on August 11, 2023.
- AHCA-recommended free buprenorphine CME training opportunities for OB providers
- Adding buprenorphine treatment in obstetrical practice: lessons learned
- This training will be held on Tuesday, January 18 at 4:30 p.m.
- Buprenorphine use in obstetrical practice
- These CME programs expire on November 15, 2023.
- Anxiety disorders behavioral health training
- Culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) (PDF)
- Depression behavioral health training
- Physician continuing education resources
- Electronic visit verification (EVV) — home health providers (PDF)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Medical Foster Care Parent Provider Orientation and Training (PDF)
- Opioid Use Disorder Training
- SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral for Treatment)/ Alcohol and Substance Use Screening Training Request
- To request the SBIRT Training, please email your contact information to PNM_Inquiries@amerihealthcaritasfl.com