Training and Education
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida encourages our providers to explore any training or education opportunities that are presented.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida is pleased to invite providers to join us for a Cultural Responsiveness Training webinar (Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services [CLAS] Training).
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at noon
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at noon
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at noon
To register, please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CLASREG to submit your registration.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida is pleased to invite providers to join us for a comprehensive New Provider Onboard Training webinar
- Every second Friday of the month at noon.
To register, please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AHCFLnewprov to submit your registration.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida is pleased to invite providers to join us for a quarterly HEDIS training webinar.
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at noon
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at noon
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at noon
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at noon
To register, please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HEDISprovtrain to submit your registration.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida is pleased to invite providers to join us for Psychological First Aid.
Training is designed for providers to help survivors manage emotional distress and cope with post-disaster stress and adversity. This online course is developed by the National Center for PTSD and the National Child Traumatic Stress Network. This five-hour online course offers 5 CEUs upon completion. Providers may sign up for this no-cost training here (PDF):
This course covers the following:
- Suicide prevention (survivors’ guilt)
Mental health resources for providers:
- Support for compassion fatigue
- Reduce burnout > workforce retention
- Strengthen ability to practice effective medicine
*Continuing education credit is available for eligible participants for many of the webinars and courses on the Learning Center. Below you will find information about the types of continuing credit we provide.
NBCC Provider #6647
The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
The following courses meet NBCC requirements: all Continuing Education webinars that are listed for credit under Event Information on the individual webinar course page; all Military and Veteran Families webinars that are listed for credit under Event Information on the webinar course page; Psychological First Aid Online and Skills for Psychological Recovery Online; and three courses under Clinical Training (12 Core Concepts, Alternatives for Families, and Developmental Trauma Disorder).
APA Provider #1829
The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
NCTSN Continuing Education webinars are no longer approved by the National Association of Social Workers for continuing education contact hours. Currently two courses on the Learning Center are approved by NASW for continuing education contact hours: PFA Online and Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT). The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress continues to be approved by APA and NBCC to provide continuing education credit for psychologists and counselors
With the recent focus on trauma-informed care, AmeriHealth Caritas Florida offers an additional opportunity for information and training. We invite you to join our NEW Disaster Trauma ECHO Series (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) as an introduction to the importance of practitioner wellness and emotional well-being. Topics include Neurobiological Effects of Trauma on the Brain, Challenges of Working with Trauma: Burnout and Compassion Fatigue, and Normalizing the Human Response: Lived Experience of Responding to Disaster Trauma.
The Disaster Trauma ECHO Series offers seven event dates, each with a unique, independent, one-hour lunch-and-learn topic to improve content knowledge and share evidence-based practices. Training begins Tuesday, March 28, 2023, and runs from noon to 1 p.m. every two weeks. Each session is eligible for one continuing education unit (CEU).
What is Project ECHO? Developed at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, the Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes, or ECHO model, is now used nationwide in the U.S. as well as internationally. For more information on Project ECHO, please visit https://echo.unm.edu. For a complete list of dates, topics, objectives, and CEU credit details; please visit full information available here (PDF).
To register for a session, please visit: https://amerihealthcaritas.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJckceqsrz8jEtSl8lq3T5OfsXIehDaVA4Aj.
If you have questions about this notification, please contact the ECHO Program Coordinator at 1-855-410-6639 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call Provider Services at 1-800-617-5727.
Effective June 1, 2023, AmeriHealth Caritas Florida will require prior authorization from eviCore Healthcare for the covered health care services listed below:
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Molecular genetic testing
- Diagnostic sleep testing
- Pain management
- Occupational therapy
- Joint and spine surgery
- Physical therapy
Services performed in conjunction with an inpatient stay, 23-hour observation, or emergency room visit are not subject to prior authorization requirements. Services performed without following prior authorization requirements may not be reimbursed, and reimbursement from our members is not permitted.
Online orientation sessions require advance registration. Each orientation lasts approximately one hour. All eviCore programs for AmeriHealth Caritas Florida are listed on the schedule below; select the appropriate program training session based on your physician specialty.
How to register for an orientation session:
- Go to http://eviCore.webex.com
- From the menu bar on the left, select WebEx Training.
- Click the Upcoming tab and choose the session you want to attend.
Each session will be listed with the health plan name and program specialty, e.g., "AmeriHealth Caritas Florida Provider Orientation for Medical/Radiation Oncology."
- Click Register next to the session you wish to attend.
- Enter your information to register for the selected session.
After you have successfully registered for the live WebEx session, you will receive an email containing the toll-free phone number, meeting number, conference password, and a link to the web portion of the session. Please keep the registration email. You will need this link and the call-in number provided to join this selected web conference session.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida Provider Orientation for Medical/Radiation Oncology
|Tuesday, May 16, 2023||10 a.m. ET|
|Thursday, May 25, 2023||2 p.m. ET|
|Monday, June 5, 2023||11 a.m. ET|
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida Provider Orientation for Genetic Testing
|Wednesday, May 17, 2023||10 a.m. ET|
|Tuesday, May 23, 2023||Noon ET|
|Tuesday, June 6, 2023||11 a.m. ET|
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida Provider Orientation for PT/OT
|Thursday, May 18, 2023||11 a.m. ET|
|Wednesday, May 24, 2023||2 p.m. ET|
|Friday, June 2, 2023||1 p.m. ET|
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida Provider Orientation for Pain Management/Joint and Spine Procedures
|Thursday, May 18, 2023||2:30 p.m. ET|
|Thursday, May 25, 2023||4 p.m. ET|
|Tuesday, June 6, 2023||3 p.m. ET|
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida Provider Orientation for Sleep Medicine
|Monday May 15, 2023||1 p.m. ET|
|Tuesday May 23, 2023||3 p.m. ET|
|Tuesday, June 6, 2023||11 a. m. ET|
Additional training opportunities
- AHCA SBIRT CME opportunity for providers
- The CME program expires on August 11, 2023.
- AHCA-recommended free buprenorphine CME training opportunities for OB providers
- Adding buprenorphine treatment in obstetrical practice: lessons learned
- This training will be held on Tuesday, January 18 at 4:30 p.m.
- Buprenorphine use in obstetrical practice
- These CME programs expire on November 15, 2023.
- Anxiety disorders behavioral health training
- Culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) (PDF)
- Depression behavioral health training
- Physician continuing education resources
- Electronic visit verification (EVV) — home health providers (PDF)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Medical Foster Care Parent Provider Orientation and Training (PDF)
- Medical Foster Care Parent Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Opioid Use Disorder Training
- SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral for Treatment)/ Alcohol and Substance Use Screening Training Request
- To request the SBIRT Training, please email your contact information to PNM_Inquiries@amerihealthcaritasfl.com