AmeriHealth Caritas Florida readily embraces telehealth to better engage members in their care and improve outcomes. AmeriHealth Caritas Florida can even assist members with technology barriers. AmeriHealth Caritas Florida offers a smartphone at no cost (one per household for members 18 and over). The member can call 1-877-631-2550 and use the promo code AMERIHEALTH to get registered.
If your practice meets the current telehealth requirements below, please be sure to sign the Telehealth attestation form (PDF) so that we can inform members of your telehealth service option. The completed form can be returned to: PNM_Inquiries@amerihealthcaritasfl.com.
Telehealth is the practice of health care delivery by a practitioner who is located at a site other than the site where the recipient is located for the purposes of evaluation, diagnosis, or treatment, as defined by Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) guidelines.
The following provisions apply to the use of telehealth services:
- Telehealth must be provided by practitioners licensed within their scope of practice to perform the service;
- Telehealth services must use interactive telecommunications equipment that minimally includes real time, two-way interactive communication between a recipient and a practitioner using audio and video equipment;
- Telecommunications equipment and telehealth operations must comply with technical safeguards in 45 CFR 164.312, where applicable;
- Providers must comply with HIPAA regulations related to telehealth communications.
- Providers must include the modifier GT on the CMS-1500 claim form to indicate a telehealth service.
AmeriHealth Caritas Florida follows the relaxed guidelines enacted due to COVID-19 as endorsed by AHCA. Please continue to follow AHCA’s requirements on telehealth.
When treating AmeriHealth Caritas Florida members, please include the following items in your documentation for telehealth services:
- Documentation regarding the use of telehealth must be included in the medical record or progress notes for each encounter;
- Documentation of equipment used for the covered, eligible telehealth services provided; and
- A signed statement from the patient or his/her authorized representative indicating their choice to receive telehealth services. This statement may be for a set period of treatment or one-time visit, as applicable to the service(s) provided.